What Would YOU Think?

Monday, February 22, 2010

I agonize over knowing how my kids spend their day and the lack of communication I get about it from my 4-year-old. Are they really happy? How are they dealing with the massive schedule change of attending a new daycare?

Katie has been spending a lot of time in the afternoon drawing with the grade school kids. Friday, she proudly presented this drawing to me. I didn't take a look until after she had gone to bed...and I was worried. I wondered what my sweet, mild-mannered, pre-schooler was picking up from the "big kids" that she is now spending her afternoons with. Incidentally, I had just finished watching a Private Practice episode on my DVR where 13-year-olds were sucking each other's blood like vampires. So, with that in mind - what would YOU ascertain from this photo?

I'll circle back and provide the actual artist's thoughts a little later. But seriously, wouldn't you be concerned, too? How creative can you be in your guess? I challenge you to be as creative as the actual explanation ;)

Commentary from the artist:


*The person in the top right hand corner (that looks like an alien or spaceship) is a person with spots on their face because they didn't know they were sick.


*The redish thing in the top middle (that looks like a boat) is a hat. You have to turn the paper clockwise and you will see it is on "someone's" head.


*The brown squiggles is the title of the piece. I can't remember what she told me it was "called" but don't worry, I'm pretty sure she made it up at the time that I asked her.


*The curved blue thing on the bottomish right is the letter J. Duh!


*The blue on the bottom is the street and the redish circles next to it are the sidewalk.


*And finally...the redish devil looking thing is a kid eating a popsicle. And the mysterious black figure is a kid flying a remote control airplane. The plane is the shape right above the kid, with the black line/tip. He also has spots all over his face. It may be because he is sick or they might be freckles. He is frowning.



Well thank goodness it's not a vampire killing the devil with a sword, with flying boats and spaceships like I thought.

Thanks to those of you that played along and provided a guess ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous,  February 23, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

i guess that there are space ships flying in the air and submarines under water. also, there are a few kids playing in a ball pit. and the guy on the right is carrot top. am i right?
CZ

Alaina Scott,  February 23, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

I guess that it's someone waking up to the sun shining and their alarm clock ringing. Then walking to school with a friend who is carring a sword. :)

Mel February 25, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

As a teacher I always have to ask students to interpret their work. It's funny because when I first look at my own kids I always see something, but then when they tell me what it is I can totally see it from their point of view. Love kid artists!!!

debi9kids March 2, 2010 at 1:09 AM  

WOW! Just wow. Quite impressed with Katie's descriptions. I just wish i had been there to hear the story (next time try to get her on video. LOL)

Kay | UPrinting March 2, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

You must be really proud of her! The drawings is eally cute. I know mom's really care for their children a lot and that they don't want their child to be going with people who are bad influence.

Mummy McTavish March 8, 2010 at 6:56 AM  

My kid was at school for 6 hours today and did "some stuff"... like what you ask? (well I did, anyway) "oh, we just used some paper".

In Katies picture I was going for some undersea race of humanoids attacking each other and the water filling with their innards... but I guess I was wrong.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP