These Kids of Mine

Monday, August 24, 2009

Who could resist that face? His laughter is infectious. What a fun silly boy he is. He is expanding his vocabulary. In addition to da-da and maaa (only when upset), he greets us from his crib with a "hi". And well, the rest are all related to eating (his favorite hobby)..."mmm, yummy, it's good, more".
And Katie, my little dancing princess. She started dance at the Little Gym this summer and loves it so much that we are switching her schoolyear class there from gymnastics to dance. She'll still get 20 minutes of gymnastics in the class so it's a win-win situation. I catch her practicing her moves throughout the day and she has really been putting on some great shows for us lately. Her favorite part of class is the "free dance" portion - but I love that I can pick out her actually trying to practice the specific positions and moves that she is learning in class. We'll see where this takes us. For now, she's definately not ready for a real dance school and as an honest mommy I don't know that she ever will be. I'm not quite sure they could handle her spunk and it may get hard if the other kids start pointing out that she has the grace of a gorilla. If anything, it will be jazz or hip-hop for her. But she is having a ball right now and I couldn't be happier for her.

This has been a great summer for us. I love that I've been able to spend the entire summer home with my kids. I love the spontanaity it has allowed and all of the fun things we've been able to do. I'm starting to smell September, though. The cut grass smells different...it smells like soccer, football, and first days of school now. I've been getting a few recruiter calls and am being told the job market in the accounting industry is picking up again. I'm ready to go with some "resume" and "relaunching your career" books I've picked up from the library.

I'll always treasure this summer I had with the kids and just remembering all the fun activities, silly smiles, and dress-up/dance shows Makes My Monday. Be sure to stop by Twinfatuation to see who else is playing along or to sign in for yourself.

7 comments:

Mummy McTavish August 24, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

Those photos are GREAT. The middle tutu one of Katie is my favourite I think, and Timmy just always makes me want to smile! We did a bit of baby sign with both our boys and 'eat' and 'more' were winning words for both of them!

I do wonder what Katie and Lion would get up to if ever they met up.

monica August 24, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

Both kids are just so cute! Love the dancing! Sounds like a great summer!

Cheryl Lage August 24, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

What a lovely, lovely homage to what was clearly a wonderful summer!

YOur words and pictures Make My Monday! Thanks so much for playing along!

Elle Bee August 24, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Your photo collages are fabulous. I'm so glad you enjoyed your summer home with them. You're such a good momma.
Elle

debi9kids August 25, 2009 at 2:33 AM  

The end part of this post made me teary :(
So sweet and so sad....

LOVE the pics of Katie and her "jazz hands". LOL

I really hope I hget to see you on Wednesday because I want to see it in person!!!

Anonymous,  August 26, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

miss you guys :( pictures don't do them justice!

candi

Hit 40 August 28, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

Back to work :-( Just buy a lottery ticket. I am sad enough going to work without you having to join me.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP