"Breaking" News

Monday, March 23, 2009

Timmy's sleep has gotten worse over the last few weeks and he's really been sleeping pretty terribly the last few days. For one, he's Mr. I Need to See Everything That's Going On during the day and seems to get very distracted when I nurse him then has been making up for it in the quiet of night when there're no distractions.

On top of that, crazy boy, he still won't sleep on his back but all night long he keeps flipping onto his back and then freaking out because he can't flip back AND he can't fall back to sleep that way. Either that, or he keeps wandering to side or corner of the crib and getting his arm stuck between the mattress and the rails.

Last night was by far the worse, though. He was up every 1 1/12 to 2 hours, from midnight on. At least I can usually count on him to take good naps....but not today. I have not been able to get him to sleep more than 1/2 hour at a time all day AND he's miserable. He just wants to nurse or look at me. My normally sweet-mannered boy has been crying and whining ALL day. It's so not like him.

I decided to go ahead and check around his mouth AGAIN and there it was...his first tooth has broken through the gum. His bottom right middle tooth is the first to make an appearance. So, he's currently doped up on baby tylenol and baby orajel watching tv in my bed with his sister and chomping the heck out of his toy.

Boy do I look forward to bedtime tonight. I may need to break out the liquor. (for me, of course!) That is assuming he GOES to sleep tonight. Isn't he due to just pass out at some point? How long can he possibly stay awake?!?!?

4 comments:

debi9kids March 23, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Gabi told me you called to tell me. HOW EXCITING! and, Thank God! At least now you know why...

ps Sorry i didn't call you back... long story filled with 2 miserable teenage girls. UGH!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums March 25, 2009 at 1:24 AM  

OMGosh! The poor little guy. I can't believe a tooth coming in can mess up their normal routine so well. I remember this with Andrew. And the sleep patterns you are talking about happened thesame way. And then you worry about them until you know what it is. Hope the tylenol is working and you can get some sleep tonight. :)

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums March 25, 2009 at 1:26 AM  

ps...he's pretty young for his first tooth huh. Andrew was 5 months old and I thought that was young. No wonder it's bothering him so much. Have a great Wednesday!!

Mummy McTavish March 25, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Hope things have gotten better and you are all sleeping a little more soundly!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP