Say It Like It Is Contest - Home alone!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Debi had quite a day today! Make sure you check out her story here and join in her contest if you can relate. I sure can!

Yesterday was Chris's first day back working out of the house and my first full day alone (and I mean FULL day - he wasn't home until 8pm).

I still need to post about my birth story - but for those who haven't read some of my pregnancy blogs about my pending delivery- I had a c-section. My recovery is going ok - but has been very different from my delivery with Katie. With Katie I was very sore in the beginning and it gradually faded. This time around - I had almost no abdominal pain in the beginning - I could do the steps with no problem when I got home on day 4. However, as days go on, I'm getting more and more sore - I think because I'm doing too much too soon. I say this all to preface my story and the fact that it is very difficult for me to bend down. Otherwise, I can function almost normally - but bending down is a little sore in the morning and as the day progresses gets worse and worse.

So to improve my day - my lovely daughter:

1) Wakes up at 4am - split in the middle of Timmy's 2:45am and 5:15am baby feedings, to make sure my sleep is mininalized, DEMANDING juice. I send her to her father - asleep in the guest room so he can get some sleep before his work day (Timmy's in our room right now) and so I can get some sleep between feedings (I am SUCH a light sleeper and do NOT do well with snorers). He gives her water from the bathroom sink and she completely flips out and comes back to me. I don't want her to wake the baby and want to get the HECK back to sleep so I go down and get her some Crystal Light. Of course, when bringing her back to her room I notice that her space heater was set wrong and had been on continuously instead of per the thermostat and it was 87 DEGREES in her room - no wonder she was thirsty.

2) After school, asks if she can bounce her ball in the family room. It's a big plastic bouncy ball. I say yes - there's a large open space in the room. After 2 or 3 bounces she decides to KICK the ball as hard as she can RIGHT into my newly and fully poured cup of ice water. The water is all over the wall, all over the end table, and all over the floor - and since the floor is laminate must be immediately cleaned up. So, there I was on my hands and knees mopping up the water and having to wait until all the tiny ice cubes melted since they were too little to pick up and just slid around the laminate floor.

3) Is favorable to my teeth gritting suggestion to take her ball into the back yard to play. A few minutes later, she comes in clutching something and calling my name in a very alarmed manner. She was carrying the completely soaked and muddy outfit of the doll she JUST received from her Grammi when Timmy was born - making me want to cry. She hasn't even been outside while with me since I've been home from the hospital so I have no idea how/when it got out there, but it definately was at least a few days since it had been soaked from the recent rain. Thank GOODNESS Katie found it before our dog Sophie and it is still in one piece. I'm praying the laundry gets it clean BUT I have no idea where the actual doll is and neither does Katie (so she says).

4) Shortly after coming in from the backyard, comes over and sweetly asks for some paper towels. When asked why, she tells me it's to clean up Sophie's poop. I go BESERK since the pain in the ass dog had actually crapped in the playroom the night before and I couldn't believe she did it again. But, she didn't...Katie stepped in it outside and tracked it through the house. I then have to deal with Katie's tantrum because she wanted to clean it up all by herself (I WISH I could have taken her up on it, but I know that would have ended way worse). So there I am, back on my hand and knees cleaning up the poop in my foyer...not sure how there was none all the way through my house. I then had to clean up the bottom steps on the stairs that also had some poop on it. While I had the carpet spray out, I decided to just go ahead and get back down on my hands and knees and clean up the spots in the playroom from the previous night's poop that Chris didn't get all the stains out from.

I then had to take both kids with me to the pediatrician at 1:30 to get Timmy's belly button checked out (it's ok). Back at home, I couldn't get Katie to nap at all. Off to a 6:30pm gymnastics class (which was already the makeup class so I couldn't cancel again without loosing the class), had to deal with yet another tantrum getting into the car because Katie doesn't like the way her coat hood feels behind her. Then AGAIN when leaving gymnastics because some mysterious part of her coat is bothering her.

Once she was in bed and Timmy was asleep I was in so much pain that I had to break down and take a percocet for the first time in almost 2 weeks. The only problem with that is that I was then wired and too happy to sleep and stayed up way to late....only to start today, once again, completely exhausted.

4 comments:

debi9kids December 3, 2008 at 1:45 AM  

YIKES! Sounds like you had "quite" the day as well.
Try to take it a little easier on yourself.

debi9kids December 3, 2008 at 1:46 AM  

PS LOVING the new pictures! They are adorable!
OH! And how funny that we did brown & blue too!!!!

Mummy McTavish December 3, 2008 at 7:34 AM  

What a day!!! not sure if it's a good thought or a terrifying one but remember, the poop will still be there to clean up in another 4 weeks:) okay, perhaps poop is an imediate crisis but do try to take it easy. And love the new header.

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums December 3, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

It's funny cuz you sound just like me. I haven't been able to bend over in quite a while the closer it gets to my baby's delivery on December 8th. And I will be having her by csec. I had my first by csec and I know how hard it is. Andrew tears my house up and I think he has gone a little stir crazy being stuck in the house with me day after day with nothing to do so he tears up my house. And to top it off we live in an apartment temporarily until we get a house so there is no back yard for him. Sooo...I can understand where your comin from. I am going through these exact things. Andrew whines all the time and like you said sometimes it's mysterious and I can't figure out what it is that's bothering him. Drives me crazy. And his behavior is so odd lately. I don't know if it's the pending sibling or what. I hope it gets better for you. (((Hugs)))

And I love your header! It's awesome.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP