From his granddaughter

Saturday, November 21, 2009

He was a brother. A Marine. A NJ Transit bus driver.
He was a husband. A father of seven. A grandfather of thirteen.
He was a great-grandfather of six.

He was a great grandfather. My grandfather. My son's namesake.
He was my driving intructor. My cleaning conscience. My partner in crime.
He gave me away at my wedding.

He was a joke teller. A ball-buster. A nickname-giver.
He was a beer drinker. A cigarette smoker. A heckler.
He was the life of the party.

He was a fix-it man. An overseer. An instructor.
He was a football fan. A debater. A card shark.
He was a tour guide.

He was proud. Generous. Honest.
He was smart. Crafty. A catch-phrase creator.

5 comments:

Kathleen (Wolf) Russo,  November 21, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

Julie that was a beautiful tribute to your Pop Pop Doc. We are all going to miss him.

Love you
Kathleen (Wolf) Russo

debi9kids November 22, 2009 at 2:14 AM  

I'm so sorry Julie. (I hadn't seen your fb and Russ didn't tell me. UGH)

May you find comfort in your faith.

Bay November 22, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

Beautiful pictures! Sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing. God bless! <3 Bay

Anonymous,  November 24, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

nice tribute. the "cleaning conscience" part made me smile. i hope you are doing okay. CZ

Kristin B,  November 24, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Sorry sorry, Julie. But what a nice tribute. I'm sure he was super proud of all of you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP