Easter Flowers Makes My Monday...plus an interview with Katie

Monday, April 13, 2009

Every year as the house fills with the smell of heaven I remember why I love making Easter flower baskets for my mom and grandmom. Late Easter Eve and until we leave our house on Easter Day, every time I go downstairs I am instantly happy because the hyacinths have smelled up the whole downstairs. Yum!!!! Getting to still smell the leftover few hyacinths at my house the next day really Makes My Monday!!! (Make sure you stop by Twinfatuation to see who else is playing along.)
I also love getting that picture of the goodies just as the Easter Bunny has hopped away...amazing how we moms know when the Easter Bunny has already come so we can grab a picture before the morning...also amazing that the mom's shopping obsession equally inspires the Easter Bunny to over buy at our house...also amazing that the Easter Bunny actually left Katie a letter this year telling her that her playroom was so messy that he had to hide eggs in the basement this year.

The kids sure seemed to enjoy their goodies from the Easter Bunny.

Katie LOVED finding all the Easter Eggs - she'd been looking forward to that for days. The Easter Bunny was pretty tricky this year and it didn't slow her down for a minute...she especially loved finding that last one that even I couldn't find (go figure, sleepy mommy!)

Timmy got to play with a truck for the first time and loved the assortment of stuffed animals and chewing toys he got!

And in honor of my countdown to my 100th post (posting tomorrow), here's a little interview with Katie to wet your whistle (speaking of whistles, Katie and I went to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in Philly last night and it was AWESOME...toot, toot, the candy that toots...I know those aren't the actual words, but you know what I mean). This is from the "Facebook Note" being passed around in cyberspace and I've recorded Katie exactly as she answered.

1. What is something mom always says to you to do? I don’t KNOW…ummmmmm….you can have ice cream when you’re food’s ALL gone!

2. What makes mom happy? When I stop screaming (after another answer that I didn’t understand a word of and I asked again)

3. What makes mom sad? screaming

4. How does your mom make you laugh? Tickles you

5. What was your mom like as a child? She did big girl things

6. How old is your mom? 7

7. How tall is your mom? Um…8

8. What is her favorite thing to do? Ahhh.ooops, I gotta go potty. I gotta go poopy really really bad. 2nd try at question – your favorite thing to do is be tickled (and then tickles me)

9. What does your mom do when you're not around? You have to work (note that I've been "not" working since the end of August 2008)


10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? Um, I don’t know – making something (me:making what?) A mess (me: A mess?) Ahh, playing dress up.

11. What is your mom really good at? At making something (me: making what?) a tea party.

12. What is your mom not very good at? I don’t know. You not good at taking medicine.

13. What does your mom do for her job? Making something…like a machine – a new machine mommy. (note that I am really unemployed CPA currently masquerading as a stay-at-home-mom).

14. What is your mom's favorite food? peas (huh?!?!)

15. What makes you proud of your mom? Um, happy

16. If your mom was a cartoon character, who would she be? Dorothy (as in the Wizard of Oz)
17. What do you and your mom do together? Be happy all together time

18. How are you and your mom the same? We’re girls – just mommy and katie

19. How are you and your mom different? Umm – put different shirts on

20. How do you know your mom loves you? I don’t know – we’re together

3 comments:

The Corradetti Clan April 13, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Hyancians are my favorite too. I had to buy my own this year but I love them!

Cheryl Lage April 13, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

Every single aspect of this post Makes My Monday!
(and love the new blog look too!)

Thanks for playing along. :)

debi9kids April 14, 2009 at 1:32 AM  

I hope you are gpoing to post the rest of that interview... LOL

LOVE the pic of the kids in their bunny ears and HOLY!!!! EB left you a crudload of stuff! My poor kids... got nothin!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP