Jack Bauer will save the day

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

After Katie got home from school, we went up to my bedroom to check on Timmy and wound up hanging out in there to watch the presidential inauguration of Barack Obama. I was very excited to share this piece of history with her.

Of course when he was done his speech, I had to call my husband at work to deliver my smart ass comments (that's what we do when we watch tv...we're our very own Mystery Science Theater 3000 show). Beings that our favorite show to add our own commentation to is 24, it was only fitting that my comment to him was along the lines of I couldn't get through watching it without expecting them to pull him away mid-speech to start briefing him on a national disaster and then have a screen flash to the president's call to ...


....Jack Bauer...CTU (retired) ... beep, beep, beep....commercial


Ok, then I got serious and let him know that I taped it on both ABC and CNN in case he wanted to watch it and had a preference of commentation, but that he may want to watch CNN. I had been watching it on ABC in my bedroom (we don't have a cable box in there and only get basic cable) and the commentation was just ridiculous. I mean really, what do they think - the viewing audience are morons? Then I told him, I don't know it's so weird like they're commenting for the radio or the blind or something. All the comments were just stating the obvious. Like "Arlington Cemetary" when they flashed to the cemetary and the names of the speakers when it would flash on the screen a split second later. Then "President Obama waves to the crowd" (or something like that). I then changed channels for Katie who had enough of "mommy's show" and put on Diego. Wouldn't you know, the ABC commentators FOLLOWED me over to Nickelodeon...

"Rescue Pack sings and dances"


"Camera snaps a picture". Well, as you may have guessed somehow the setting on my tv got set to add these comments...I assume for the blind. I didn't even know tv's did that. Amazingly, the short clipped stage direction sounded very similar to the way Jack Bauer talks when he's under pressure. They should consider having Kiefer Sutherland narrate :)

3 comments:

Anonymous,  January 21, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

ok here i am. susan my coworker and i think you should be a writer. we laugh all the time at your blogs. you are so clever. sherry is letting me work with susan all week. she is my chauffeur.
julie's mom
p.s. if u want to come over my house thurs. nite call me!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums January 22, 2009 at 5:47 AM  

LOL! I love how you added Jack Bauer in there. That is great! Hilarious! I didn't even get to watch the inauguration (sp?) How sad is that? I totally missed it! We watched it later when hubby got home.

Laura January 22, 2009 at 6:49 AM  

I need to be a better sport.
Whenever my husband begins to try that Mystery Science Theater thing...I just sigh and glare..DUDE..I'm watching TV.
I'm a load sometimes.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP